Help and Advice

From time to time as your child progresses through Box School you may find that you need additional advice and support, either on issues related to their educational progress or their well-being. If you have anything of this nature that you would like to talk to us about, please make an appointment with your child’s class teacher. Together, you can make a decision about how to tackle the issue and what the next steps are. It may be that the concern can be resolved between you and the class teacher, or alternatively, it might warrant the intervention of our school’s Inclusion Manager. The Inclusion Manager will aim to offer help and advice in a variety of ways through our special educational needs and disability provision (SEND) and in some cases through the advice and support of external agencies.


Similarly, if you feel that any outside factors (perhaps a family issue i.e. separation or bereavement or even a medical issue) may have an impact on your child's learning and well-being, it is vitally important that you keep the school informed.


Here is a non-exhaustive list of external agencies that we might access:

    • Educational Psychology
    • Behaviour Support
    • Speech and Language Therapy
    • Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
    • Ethnic Minority Achievement Service (EMAS)
    • Specialist Special Educational Needs Service (SSENS)


Special Educational Needs and Disability

Click here to find out more about SEND. Click here to read our SEND information report and the local authority SEND offer.  Read the latest governor SEND report.


Useful websites

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/schoolseducationandlearning/specialeducationalneeds/seninfoforparents.htm - Wiltshire Dyslexia Association.Provides support, information and advice for families with dyslexic children.


http://www.relate.org.uk/ organisation offering counselling for children and families.


http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/schoolseducationandlearning/specialeducationalneeds/seninfoforparents.htm - Wiltshire Council  website offering information about Special Educational Needs for parents.